Seeing 2014 out with a first winter crop of reports
As 2014 draws to a close and we look back over the year, what were the driving issues impacting IT organisations and users of IT services and applications? User experience, performance and security are the themes that stand out, and we showcase them in a crop of recently published reports. First up are several reports on some of IBM’s services and capabilities:
- Clive Howard looks at how IBM has embraced User Experience through IBM Design, and their recent release of “IBM Design Language”. Clive investigates further the launch of IBM Design Language in his blog.
- Ian Murphy’s Commentary looks at what IBM is delivering with POWER8 and how its repositioning is opening up the Power platform to the wider computing market.
- Continually evolving threats to computer security means that the CISO is struggling to understand how to combat the risk to the enterprise. Ian Murphy, examines IBM’s latest security story, and how it is evolving to meet the threat which enterprises are facing.
CIC’s final Vendor Profile of the year takes a look at OutSystems, an international software company whose product, OutSystems Platform, is a Rapid Application Delivery (RAD) platform that makes it easy to create, deploy and manage enterprise mobile and web applications.
Roll on 2015.
Latest research from CIC
In the CIC Web Store
- OutSystems (Vendor Profile)
- What Enterprise IT can learn from IBM Design (Spotlight)
- Internet of Things (Briefing Note)
- Artemis Magazine: Sustainable Interoperability (Published Article)
- IBM Empowers the CISO (Commentary)
- IBM Power 8 (Commentary)
Latest CIC Blogs
Recent posts on the CIC Blog